So, crew Kahlo is back to full strength. We have welcomed another new student to our crew…Alex. He has well and truly fit in with our crew
When speaking to his teachers, it has been lovely to hear such wonderful feedback about Alex and how he has hit the ground running at XP. He has been working really hard and getting smart in his sessions. Here are a few things that his teachers have said about him:
Mrs. Sprakes (Spanish) – Alex shows COURAGE, he’s never done Spanish before but he’s come into Y8 and he’s giving it a real go. Awesome!
Mrs. Ibbotson (Hums) – Alex is doing great in Hums. He is always getting involved and has lots to say and input to the sessions.
We created a crew display with our name ‘Crew Kahlo’ by adding colour to mindful colouring pages and laminated them. I think it looks great! Every member of crew also wrote a pledge that they feel is important to them to work towards in the run up to Christmas. Some of the pledges were:
- to concentrate in lessons (Tammy)
- to be kind (Alex)
- to use integrity all the time (Max)
- to remember things (Arthur)
- to remember to bring my water bottle and equipment (Bryan)
- to be more organised and to concentrate more (Olivia)
- to help other people (Kearan)
- to speak more in class (Billie – Lou)
- to get my homework in on time (Jessy)
- to ask more questions in class (Harrison)
- to be in school on time (Callum)
- to answer and ask more questions in class (Nida)
We will be checking in on these pledges throughout the term to hold each other to account and make sure we fulfil them.
The crew has also started to analyse their HoWL’s data this week. Looking at the marks they have received for ‘Working Hard; Getting Smart and Being Kind’ for each subject
Next week, we will be making pledges on how to improve our HoWLs as the year progresses.
We will be looking at how we can support each other as a crew to do this by giving kind, specific, and helpful feedback to each other.
We also celebrated a birthday. Happy Birthday, Olivia! Now officially a teenager! (Oh dear. Haha)