Following our students’ highly successful stay in Barcelona in May 2019, we are delighted to confirm our intention to run a joint C25/C26 (year 10 and year 9) optional fieldwork visit to Madrid from Friday 24th June 2022 – Monday 27th June 2022. Staying ensuite, on a half board basis in a hotel in Spain’s vibrant capital city, our students’ itinerary will include:
- coach transfers with return air travel to Madrid Barajas Airport
- group seating allocation on board the aircraft
- tour of Bernabeu Football Stadium
- excursions to Reina Sofia, Thyssen Museum and the Plaza Mayor
- Visit to the Palacio Real
- An evening meal in Hard Rock cafe
- The services of a travel tour representative throughout our stay
- Basic travel insurance endorsed by the DfE
This optional fieldwork visit is open to all students in our current year 9 AND year 10, both the GCSE Spanish groups and the Spanish+ groups, and as the final price is dependent upon the number of participants we have quoted £599.00 based on 35 students taking part. However, this price could increase or decrease depending upon final numbers.
As well as providing an excellent opportunity for our students to practise their Spanish speaking skills, it will also incorporate study of Spain’s artistic heritage, and this will form the basis of a subsequent Presentation of Learning.
An initial non-refundable deposit of £50.00 required by Tuesday 21st September may be paid via the Parentpay portal, and letters confirming the details may be obtained from Mr Pearson, Mrs Sprakes, Mrs Collinson or C25 and C26 Crew Leaders.